Friday, April 21, 2006

Writer Wannabe

How often have you said, "I wish I could do..." or "It would be nice to..." I say it frequently. One of the things I'd like to do is write a fiction book AND have it published. Last month I decided to stop paying lip service and actually take steps to reach that goal. I have signed up for a writing course. I have downloaded the form to apply to the RWA. The only thing I need to do now is ... write.

I have started my book, a short romance. But I find that I'm not writing daily as all writing experts suggest. My excuse is that I have little time. But the truth is, I have the time, I just don't always have the inspiration. Actually, my real problem is that I think my writing sucks. I know I'm not supposed to let the inner critic get in the way, but I can't help it.

I have read enough about writing and talked to enough authors to know that everyone goes through this. I just have to work through it and write. I thought by blogging my journey, it would help me stick to my goal. If I have to write about my process, I need to keep working on the process, right? Or maybe I'm just coming up with another thing to keep me from writing.

So, I'm going to post this and get back to my story. Well, first I'm going to customize this blog and then I'll get to work....

Jenna


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home