Sunday, April 23, 2006

There's a Word for It

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. - Mark Twain

Sometimes finding the right word is impossible. Until I started writing, I didn't understand the importance of correct wording. It not only conveys the thought more precisely, it can add impact and power.

There are many resources to help find the best word. My word processing program has a thesaurus to help. I have the standard Roget's Thesaurus as well. But, my favorite books for finding the exact word to express my thought is Flip Dictionary Barbara Ann Kipfer. Not only do these books help me choose accurate words, but they help me use a variety of words as well.

Jenna


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home