Sunday, April 23, 2006

Book in a Week

I have 23, 185 words written on the book I'm currently working on. I need to get to at least 57,000 to pitch the publisher I'm thinking of (Sillouette Desire). That's 33,815 words to go. I'm eager to get this thing done and move to the next step but 33k...that's a lot of words. I'm not even half way done.

I came across a website about writing a book in a week. I think I'll give it a go. The difficult part for me is feeling like what's being written is pure crap... 'cause it is. The book in a week advocates just writing, getting it all down without letting the inner critic speak, without rereading. That's really what I need. Just to get it all down. Then I can go back and flesh out the scenes, improve the quality of the writing, and fill in missing pieces.

So, by May 1, I need to have the bones of the book done. That's my goal. That's about 4830 words a day. Wow! Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Jenna


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home