Saturday, June 17, 2006

The "Eyes" Have It

A lot of information can be given through the eyes. Eyes that narrow in response to something provide a different feeling than eyes that widen. But as I read over my work so far, my characters' eyes are constantly doing something. I'm afraid they look like they have nervous tics.

Providing description is tougher than it looks. The difficult part for me is that while I can see the scenes clearly, like a movie in my mind, I can't always come up with the right words to describe the non-verbal cues. My husband says I'm funny to watch when I write because I make all sorts of odd faces. I guess I hope that if I can make the face, I can describe it.


Jenna


1 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Jenna Harte said…

    Hi Heather,
    I actually have that book...I just don't seem to think of it when I get stuck. Thanks for the tip.

    Jenna

     

Post a Comment

<< Home