Friday, October 27, 2006

Nanowrimo Starts Next Week

National Novel Writing Month is in November. What an awful month to try to write 50,000 words. I can't do it in a regular month, but November is the beginning of the holiday season!

There are some stringent rules one being you have to start from scratch. You can't work on something you've already started. I'm about 13,000 words from my current goal. Plus I have 2 other partial stories. I just don't think I can put the energy into starting another story with so many other stories left undone.

But, I like the idea of the challenge. At the Nanowrimo website there is a forum where participants can share, rant, ask questions and more.

You can also get help with Chris Baty's (he runs Nanowrimo) book, No Plot, No Problem and his most recent release The No Plot, No Problem Novel Writing Kit, which offers tips, logs and stickers to those brave souls who take the Nanowrimo challenge.

You can learn more at the Nanowrimo website.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home