Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Sorry Nora...

My last post was about my inability to think of clever titles. I said that the working title of my current work was "Opposites Attract" and I referred to it as lame.

Yesterday I was in the library and going through the paperback romance section when I happened across a Nora Roberts category romance called...you guessed it... Opposites Attract.

Curious, I checked out Amazon to see if there were any others and ... there is! Hailey North, Shirley Hailstock, and Michelle M. Pillow to name a few all have fiction titled "Opposites Attract"!

I'm not sure if I'm feeling better...after all, these ladies published with that title. Or, perhaps I'm discouraged because its so common and not very unique.

One thing that I have learned is that titles are not copyrighted. That's good news as I have a title I do like for another story I haven't started, but I saw a book at the library with the same title. Then again, a search at Amazon reveals its even more common than Opposites Attract.

Jenna


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home