Sunday, June 18, 2006

A book without a name

I'm terrible with titles. The working title of my current work is "Opposites Attract". Lame I know. Its about a private nurse and the grandson of the elderly man she is caring for. They are in fact opposites from physical size and appearance, to personality and goals, but it deserves a better, more interesting title.

I have nearly 30,000 on another story and it doesn't have a title at all. Well, that's not completely true. I'm hoping to have a series of books ala Janet Evanovich and Charlottte Hughes' Full series. My series does have a name just not the first book.

Titles are important. Like the headline in an ad, it has to grab attention and keep the reader interested to look at more. Since most romances have seemingly opposite characters, the title of the work I'm currently working on is dull and really doesn't say much about the book.

Maybe I'll go with something using "bedside manner" in it since she's a nurse. Or, she is petit and he's tall and broad (of course) so I could use something like, "Size Matters"...lol.

Leslie


1 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Donica Covey said…

    Jenna,

    Coming up with a title always seems such a challenge, SOme books just seem to name themselves and others I have to wrack my brain over.

    I do like Bedside Manner! Thats pretty good!

    Good luck and I guess I'll see you around!

    Huggles
    Donica Covey

     

Post a Comment

<< Home